Symmetry Payroll Point API FAQ
1. Why did Symmetry upgrade the legacy Payroll Point Web Service to the new API?
The new Payroll Point API provides additional functionality not available in the Web Service, including the following:
- Uses JSON instead of XML.
- Can pass in multiple work addresses for each employee within the same call versus only one.
- Supports endpoint versioning to avoid breaking changes when upgrading to leverage new functionality.
- Modern, more secure authentication using JSON Web Token (JWT) authorization.
- Expanded product offering for Minimum Wage that includes minimum wage rates by city, state, and county.
2. When did Symmetry launch the new Symmetry Payroll Point API?
The new and improved Symmetry Payroll Point API was launched on November 8th, 2021, via an email campaign which included a registration link to our webinar overview held on November 18th, 2021.
3. When and how were our new Symmetry Payroll Point API credentials shared with us?
In follow up to the email campaign noting the launch of the new Symmetry Payroll Point API, a member of Symmetry’s Client Success team sent an encrypted email to each legacy Web Service client’s dedicated administrators including the authorization URLs and keys for access to the new API.
4. What is the timeline for the Symmetry Payroll Point Web Service to API migration?
We are providing 12 months for the transition of service from our legacy Web Service to the new API. During this time, Symmetry is maintaining updates to both the legacy system and the new API. The end-of-life for the legacy Web Service is November 30, 2022.
5. What will happen after November 30, 2022, when the legacy Web Service transitions to end-of-life?
Your legacy Web Service access will expire and you will need to leverage the new API starting December 1, 2022.
6. How do I get access to the new Symmetry Payroll Point API?
If your team currently licenses the legacy Payroll Point Web Services, your dedicated administrator(s) should have received their access credentials on November 8th via an encrypted email from our Client Success team.
If your team needs us to resend your credentials, submit a ticket via our new Symmetry Client Support Center and a member of our Client Success team will follow up with next steps.
7. How do I get started with the new Symmetry Payroll Point API?
Check out these resources to help your team get started! For all other questions related to the migration, please email email@example.com and our team would be more than happy to help!